IT Software Engineer
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This is a remote position.
The Software Engineer strives to improve the user experience by implementing and enhancing applications. They perform application build and configuration management functions or work directly with Software Engineers by writing technical specification documents for development. They perform testing, configuration management for the implementation, enhance or upgrade of solutions on premise or in a cloud hosted environment.
The Software Engineer acts as a subject matter expert in design, configuration and building 1 or more technologies of moderate to high complexity. The Software Engineers document and describe processes and procedures relating to the solution and transition operational support to Technical Analysts.
- Designs, configures, tests, implements, and maintains solutions with limited direction.
- Responsible for delivering project assignments of medium to high complexity which includes application design, and configuration build. Interacts with the customer user community in a courteous and professional manner to secure business requirements; perform technical requirements translation and work directly with Software Development engineers when development is needed to meet business objectives.
- May lead Product Release management functions which may include developing test plans, perform test plans, facilitating with end user for end user acceptance testing and may develop application validation scripts for ongoing operations team.
- Interacts with business teams to develop application requirements and installation plans.
- Contribute to and maintain a thorough understanding of application standards, policies, and procedures and
- Participates in ensuring transition to operations functions have occurred to Technical Analysts resources for successful ongoing operational support.
- Leads and coordinates peer reviews of single facility or application focused configuration work to ensure it aligns to the business and technical requirements.
- Leads application management activities for a single functional area to achieve project objectives.
- Manages product lifecycle management, end user enhancement requests of moderate to high complexity, and technical aspects of the modules/applications that are assigned.
- Provides administrative, application configuration or coordinates with Software Development Engineer for code development, performs unit and integration testing for small to medium complex projects) or functional areas of larger projects or programs.
- Researches and recommends appropriate application management best practices, and tools.
- Responds to end user problems and develops/maintains strong, positive working relationships with the end user community.
- Assists in documenting business and system processes and procedures through the use of industry standard process flow and flow charting techniques.
- Assists in developing training materials and training users on system functionality.
- Participates in Application feasibility and selection processes.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and configuration.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, solution configuration and design.
- Protects the organization by keeping information confidential and safe.
- May be pulled into highly complex high severity issue management situations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience in a Healthcare environment.
- 7-10 years’ experience working as a Technical analyst or Clinical Analyst type role.
A compensation range of $80,000 - $117,000 is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs