IT Software Eng Software Engineer
The posted compensation range of $38.81 - $56.28 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents.
Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Epic Software Engineer will be a leader within a team of smart, engaged Bridges analysts. They must have a strong sense of ownership for tasks and projects assigned to them and be willing to assist others when called upon and lead efforts when necessary.
They will be:
- Responsible for the analysis, implementation and support of Epic Bridges interfaces between third party systems and the Epic application. This position requires the capability to evaluate and analyze complex interface designs and workflows. They are expected to provide mentoring to junior analysts, to work well under pressure and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Provides primary support for day-to-day production issues and maintains documentation in the appropriate tracking systems. Adheres to prescribed escalation & change control procedures.
- Provides on-call support for interfaces, responding to high and critical issues and escalating issues as necessary. Excellent documentation, communication and organizational skills are required. Acts as a liaison between technical staff and business subject matter experts in creating and refining business requirements.
- Works to prescribed methodologies for all project implementations. May be assigned to multiple implementations at a given time.
- Collaborates with the Integration team to design, modify and test interfaces with developers
- Provides subject matter expert leadership for real-time HL7, X12, XML and file transfer interfaces; coordinates modifications; identifies issues and their resolutions; and tests to make certain the data exchanges are correctly formed and matches the identified workflow.
- Facilitates project meetings and dashboard status updates. Analyzes and translates business requirements into interface requirements. Maintains an expertise in Epic technology, applications and processes related to the support of real-time, HL7, API or custom data integrations. Ensures interface implementation maintains appropriate PHI security compliance.
- Monitors interface error queues ensuring uninterrupted message receipt and partners with Epic Applications team to resolve issues.
- Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or technical institute degree/certificate or equivalent work experience required.
- 5-7 years of experience working in IT Application Systems Analysis, including Epic.
- Requires 5-7 years of experience working on Ambulatory, Clinical, Financial or Revenue Cycle Applications
- Experience working with project life cycle and project management methodologies required.
- 5 years' experience working in the healthcare/medical environment is preferred.
- Epic Bridges certification required.
- Provide Level I support for Epic operations and project go-lives.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs