IT Project Manager
The posted compensation range of $40.75 - $59.09 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Project Manager (PM) is accountable for the project objectives that drive clinical and operational digital transformation, customer experience, and other activities as assigned by the System Director.
The PM is responsible to define areas of responsibility including resource allocations, influencing sponsors and managing work prioritization. They play an active role in making decisions involving human resources, technical and financial resources necessary to implement change for high impact environments. They design processes and structures to support CommonSpirit Health enterprise wide change.
The PM is expected to work autonomously and have minimal interaction with HR/Project Leader with regards to program management methodology. Through collaboration, demonstrate team leadership while focusing on items that will have project outcome implications other than expected.
The PM is a contributor of early engagement, project gap analysis and operational change management. Will include innovation project lifecycle delivery, promoting successful relationship management and customer adoption. They are expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of the project management lifecycle methodology. They are assigned to medium or large projects. Will be assigned to multiple projects, with rare exceptions and can be assigned as a contributor PM on programs.
The role is a key contributor in the development of the organization’s innovation and digital transformation strategy and is responsible and accountable for delivering the best-practice approach designed to successfully plan and prepare for all aspects of project engagement, delivery and adoption within the assigned portfolio.
This is a remote opportunity
- Key resource for the PMO encompassing the development of relationships between IT and the organizations multiple customer constituencies including: patients, consumers, providers, clinical staff, administrators, and employees across CommonSpirit Health.
- This position is vital to the organizations efficient operation in terms of well-managed systems that will ensure the financial success and ability to cope with the pressures of shrinking revenues, and our market strategy to grow and expand into the future.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining channels of communication between business, IT and other relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible to develop project plans which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics, communication plan, resources required and ensuring deliverables of the ITD initiatives.
- Responsible for the supervision of the project resources required to deliver each task (i.e. key areas could include: Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Design Engineers, CyberSecurity, QACC, etc.)
- Responsible for managing all aspects of project from planning, design, development/implementation, testing, training, deployment, customer adoption and operation turnover of the ITD initiatives.
- Tracks assigned budget and resources for each project. Prepares cost estimates and cost recommendations. Monitors expenditures.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of project budget.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Related Field or Equivalent Professional Experience preferred
- 2-3 years of Project Management experience.
- Project Management experience in a Health care environment preferred.
- Possess thorough understanding of Healthcare Business and Care Delivery processes strongly desired
- Possess strong understanding of digital technology, clinical information systems, and how clinical information is integrated into the patient, consumer, and provider digital experience
- Experience in Project Management methodologies and tool sets – waterfall/agile/scrum, planning, issue escalation, problem resolution, conflict and collision management, metrics and reporting, communications, etc. strongly desired.
- Ability to manage business sponsor relationships, and navigate political landscape
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting principles in relation to project budgets, purchasing and analysis of financial results
- Negotiation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Communication for results
- Decisiveness/Ability to make a quick assessment of the scope of an issue and provide options for its closure
- Ability to develop strategic business cases for departmental or project specific initiatives
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project & Word
- In depth knowledge of Information Systems (software, hardware, network)
- In depth knowledge of the architectural system components, business processes and applications to minimize the impact of changes in software, hardware or network
- Contributes to the implementation of department's operational and strategic goals and objectives. Ensures departments collaboration on achievement of goals and objectives
- Proactively prepare reports and/ or documentation providing business details to staff and management identifying business and patient trends, defining metrics, and recommending solutions
- Demonstrates ability to manage effective business relationships at all levels of the organization, up to and including c-suite executives
- Experience in process improvement; Lean Six Sigma principles and/or business process management preferred
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs