End User Services Technician
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This is a remote position.
Members of the End User Services (EUS) Technical Support team are responsible for on-site and/or remote installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and/or repair of desktop, notebook and mobile PC workstations, printers, and associated peripherals. Responsibilities include responding to incidents and problems, and fulfilling requests. They also understand the business implications of computer hardware and system issues allowing them to appropriately set incident severity levels. They can troubleshoot a wide variety of technical problems and engage parties in other areas of IT to address problems. The EUS team member understands the technical infrastructure and requirements of the hardware in their respective area and how it aligns to enterprise infrastructure standards. They also are responsible for understanding and supporting aspects of the integration of desktop systems with other systems in the enterprise. The EUS team member monitors the performance of desktop hardware and maintains a secure environment. Professionals in this job family understand the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that identify the success of the services they provide and continually strive for improvements to operational efficiencies and seek to continually add value to the services delivered to the user community.
- Provides desktop hardware support for the user community. Works on multiple functional systems that tend to be of moderate to high complexity.
- Performs troubleshooting for moderate to high complex hardware, software and system problems. Acts as subject matter expert for at least one device type.
- May be assigned to one or more projects as a project team member.
- Responsible for desktop hardware support to the user community for functional area(s) and ensure reliability of the devices.
- Responds to incidents, performs diagnosis, executes incident resolution for those requiring medium to high complexity. Utilizes previous experience to reach resolution and will contribute to knowledge management system(s). Escalates issues when necessary.
- Responds to customer requests received via the Service Management application. Fulfills requests of moderate to high complexity. Interacts with the customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists in the maintenance of and enters appropriate data into the device asset management system and the knowledge management systems to capture knowledge and work processes.
- Responds to assigned issues and troubleshoots problems with desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile carts, printers and peripherals, including purchasing and deployment of new devices. Identifies potential issues that could adversely impact end-user experience and takes corrective action. Participates in low complexity local and enterprise projects. Participates in on-call rotation and provides on-call support.
- Performs proactive maintenance on devices. Participates in the “smart hands” program to assist other IT functional areas when needed.
- General knowledge of Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) and always works within those metrics.
- Day to day interactions with user community and works collaboratively with Business and IT Stakeholders as it relates to Incident Management, Request fulfillment and Problem Management.
- Understanding and adherence to policies and procedures. Contributes to new or modified policies.
- Provides guidance, training and problem solving assistance to other team members.
- Associates degree or technical institute degree/certificate preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in the service industry.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Solid customer service skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system environment, network printing systems and Microsoft Office modules.
A compensation range of $52,000 - $76,000 is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs