Diagnostic Imaging Technician III
As our Diagnostic Imaging Technician at Mercy Regional Medical Center in Durango, Colorado, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health, you’ll support patient care by assuring important medical imaging equipment is working properly and accurately. This role allows for health care teams to confidently leverage diagnostic imaging equipment when needed because of the work you do through a combination of Preventative Maintenance (PM) and equipment repairs.
You’ll be working in a hospital where you can expect to encounter patients and clinicians. Your focus day-to-day can vary depending on equipment priorities, but your best days end with all of your maintenance tickets resolved and preventative maintenance checklists completed. Your success as our Diagnostic Imaging Technician is rooted in your love for tinkering with equipment issues. While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more.
We believe our health shouldn’t depend on our zip code, economic status, or the color of our skin. CommonSpirit is acting to address systemic inequities experienced by Black, indigenous, people of color, LGBTQ, and other underserved communities. Joining us means you are committed to positively impacting the lives of others - doing what you already do best.
If you are committed to social justice and health equity–and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us. CommonSpirit Health is guided by a strong, diverse team of experienced, mission-driven healthcare leaders, devoted to building the next generation of healthcare workers.
CommonSpirit operates 137 hospitals in addition to more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents. Mercy Regional Medical Center is an 82-bed, acute-care hospital in Durango, Colorado. Mercy was founded in 1882 but has grown to become Southwest Colorado's largest and most technologically advanced medical facility. It is the only hospital in the region to receive from Medicare a five-star rating for overall hospital quality. Mercy’s areas of specialty include orthopedic and spine surgery, cardiology, emergency and trauma care, cancer care, and more.
Why consider moving to Durango? Well, it's a mountain mecca of outdoor adventure, art, museums, history, culture, and so much more. Whether you enjoy hiking, fishing and skiing, or independent film festivals, music, and food, Durango has what you're looking for.
**Sign-On Bonus & Relocation Assistance Provided**
- This position provides specialized repair (radiology, nuclear medicine) and maintenance services to diagnostic imaging and/or lab equipment, and biomedical equipment.
- Performs repair and maintenance on “High Tech” imaging equipment, such as Cath Lab, MRI, Advanced CT Scanners, and PET units more than 75% of the time.
- Utilizes training opportunities to significantly reduce contract dependency for the same equipment.
- Employee functions as a leader in the Clinical Engineering department, providing oversight and assistance, for the efficient and cost effective repair and maintenance of imaging equipment.
- Effectively handles all service emergencies and necessary communications with Vendor, Department, and Clinical Engineering CE Manager.
- Assists in the ordering of parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of Diagnostic Imaging and Biomedical equipment.
- Is capable of providing coverage and support for CE Manager during manager’s absence.
- Provides input to the CE Manager regarding new service opportunities within a location serviced by the Clinical Engineering Division.
- Provides appropriate service cost history to the CE Manager with an emphasis on Contract Vs. Time and Material contrast for the continual reduction of service expense.
- May also provide repair and maintenance of general biomedical equipment as secondary responsibility or as assigned.
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience servicing medical imaging equipment such as General X-Ray (Rad, including but not limited to Rad Rooms, Portables and C-Arms)
- Must have the ability to repair and maintain a wide variety of imaging equipment
- CRES preferred
A compensation range of $35.28/Hr. - $56.45/Hr. is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.