RN Med Surg Peds
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Pediatrics
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $30.55 - $44.3 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Work in the heart of #humankindess at CHI St. Alexius Health. We are seeking a responsible and compassionate RN with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. This person will be working full-time rotating 12 hour AM/PM shifts, including weekends and holidays.
As our Medical Surgical Pediatric Nurse, you’ll excel in your nursing career by providing care to patients admitted to our unit. Most of your patients are funneled in from other units providing you with the opportunity to build on your education and experience in specialized service lines medical, surgical and pediatrics. You will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient’s individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Your success in this role comes from your enthusiasm to help others - with a patient-first mindset. Keen assessment skills, critical thinking, and a sense of urgency support your career advancement and you thrive in a fast-paced clinical environment where you will rarely experience the same day twice.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, sign-on incentives up to $20,000 and more!
What you'll do...
- Except to deliver care to 4-6 patients per shift
- Administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs, and chart with timely documentation
- Collaborate with a variety of other healthcare professionals such as social work, care coordination, physical therapy, occupational therapy, lab, respiratory therapy, and imaging.
- Monitoring patients’ conditions and assessing their needs
- Collaborating with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) license that qualifies to work as an RN in North Dakota (either an ND RN license or a compact RN license issued in another state).
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN).
- Experience as a Registered Nurse.
- CPI within one (1) year.
- PALS certification required to care for pediatric patients; this process is overseen by department director.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Med Surg Peds at CHI St Alexius Health Dickinson?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started