Quality Case Management RN
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Quality Management
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $30.62 - $44.40 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson part of CommonSpirit Heath a national nonprofit health system based in Englewood Colorado. The faith-based system operates in 18 states and includes 103 hospitals. Additional services offered within the system are: long-term care assisted and residential living communities community health services organizations home health agencies and numerous outpatient facilities.
As our RN Qualitly Case Manager at CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health, you’ll oversee the day-to-day operations of the Quality Management staff and lead quality improvement and risk management efforts across the organization. You will be accountable for hospital issues of quality including risk management, utilization management, regulatory compliance and accreditation standards.
To thrive in this role, you must be competent and confident. Utilizing your excellent communication skills one-on-one and in front of groups, you lead and monitor quality improvement efforts, while supporting the mission, vision and values of the organization.. Every interaction is an opportunity to share your knowledge with others and improve their understanding of regulatory compliance and accreditation standards of the organization.
1.Completes and documents a discharge planning assessment on those patients identified by the designated
screening process, or upon request. Reassess the patient as appropriate and update the plan accordingly.
2. Facilitates the development of a multidisciplinary discharge plan, engaging other relevant health team members,
the patient and/or patient representative and post acute care providers in accordance with the patients clinical
or psychosocial needs, choices and available resources.
3. Oversees and evaluates the implementation of the discharge plan.
4. Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to ensure progression of care and appropriate utilization of
inpatient resources using established evidence based guidelines/criteria.
5. Collaborates with the healthcare team and post-acute service providers to ensure timely and smooth transitions
to the most appropriate type and setting of post-acute services based upon patients clinical needs.
6. Identifies risk for readmission and implements interventions to mitigate those risks for at least a 30-day period.
7. Responsible for delivery of appropriate patient notifications and related documentation
8. Responsible for patient education and advocacy.
Required Education and Experience
● Minimum two (2) years of acute hospital clinical experience
or a Masters degree in Case Management or Nursing field in
lieu of 1 year experience.
● Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (Bachelors
Degree in Nursing (BSN)) or related healthcare field.
● At least five (5) years of nursing experience.
Required Licensure and Certifications
● RN license in the state(s) covered is required.
● Certified Case Manager (CCM), Accredited Case Manager
(ACM-RN), or UM Certification preferred
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and
● BLS required within 3 months of hiring if located within
● Ability to pass annual Inter-rater reliability test for Utilization
Review product(s) used.
● Able to apply clinical guidelines to ensure progression of
● Knowledge of managed care and payer environment
● Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
● Collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders
● Professional communication skills.
● Understand how utilization management and case
management programs integrate.
● Ability to work as a team player and assist other members of
the team where needed.
● Thrive in a fast paced, self-directed environment.
● Knowledge of CMS standards and requirements.
● Proficient in prioritizing work and delegating where
● Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Quality Case Management RN at CHI St Alexius Health Dickinson?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started