CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson Medical Center is a 25-bed, Critical Access Hospital with a Level IV Trauma Center accredited by the American College of Surgeons and JCAHO. For a full list of our awards and certifications, click here.We serve patients from southwestern North Dakota, eastern Montana, and northern South Dakota. We carry the vision of our founding Sisters by building healthier communities through a healing ministry.
CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson, part of CommonSpirit Heath, a national nonprofit health system based in Englewood, Colorado. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents.
CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
CHI St. Alexius Health is hiring a full-time Pharmacist! This position assists Pharmacy Director in providing quality clinical services while at the same time controlling pharmacy supply expenses. Services include warfarin dosing and teaching, antibiotic stewardship, renal dosing and patient chart review, etc. Responsible for making appropriate changes in medication therapy based upon approved guidelines by P&T Committee and Medical Staff. In addition is responsible for providing medication information to Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, Pharmacy Staff and patients.
Job responsibilities include...
- Establishes departmental policies, procedures and objectives, and determines methods necessary to achieve these in accordance with accepted standards, codes and JCAHO guidelines.
- Evaluate patient drug therapy for appropriateness including indications, dose, dosing frequency, duration of therapy, route of administration, and pertinent laboratory monitoring.
- Upon request, accurately and willingly provides comprehensive drug therapy consultative services including drug information and education to the hospital at the request of medical staff, nursing staff, pharmacy staff, patients and employees to enhance the decision making process in the prescribed care
of the patient.
- Evaluate patient drug therapy for both quality and cost of therapy and make appropriate interventions when necessary to promote and assure the appropriate and safe use of drugs.
- Monitor, identify, and attempt to prevent and or/resolve patient drug therapy problems including allergies, interactions (drug-drug, drug-food, and drug disease state, drug-laboratory). Adverse reactions, polypharmacy and unnecessary or excessive costs.
- Develop and implement drug therapy protocols and or work with CHI in implementing patient safety goals.
- Assist Director of Pharmacy in identifying opportunities for improving drug therapy and controlling pharmacy cost.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate physician medication orders for appropriateness, correct dose and route of administration and take appropriate action if necessary.
- Preparation of sterile IV admixtures.
- Instills confidence when dealing with physicians, nurses and other professional staff.
- Graduate of accredited College of Pharmacy
- Licensed in the State of North Dakota
- Experience with word processing/Excel software
- Strong organization skills; able to work well and communicate with others; ability to delegate, direct and maintain confidentiality.
- One (1) year clinical hospital pharmacy experience preferred
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs