Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Nursing Administration
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $40.66 - $58.96 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
As our Director of Nursing at CHI St. Alexius Health Devils Lake, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health, you’ll oversee a department of frontline nurses and act as the conduit between these caregivers and leadership teams. You will communicate the organization’s goals to the nursing staff as we constantly seek to improve patient experiences, reach out to our community, and deliver quality care. At the same time, you will advocate for your team by bringing any issues, requests, or new ideas from them to leadership.
To thrive in this role, you must be competent and confident. Utilizing your excellent communication skills one-on-one and in front of groups, you will tackle tough conversations and, above all, be an educator at heart. Every interaction is an opportunity to share your knowledge with others and improve their understanding of a patient’s needs, the needs of the nursing staff, or the needs of the organization.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more!
- Oversee a department of nurses, ensuring everyone has what they need to deliver the best care possible to our patients.
- Engage with the floor. Talk to the nurses, the patients, and families. Keep your finger on the pulse of your department so you can keep things running smoothly.
- Attend meetings with leadership to learn about new initiatives, budgetary status, areas for improvement, etc., and bring this information back to your team of nurses.
- Monitor attendance among nursing staff, watching for any patterns of missed shifts which may need addressing.
- Monitor productivity and efficiency of your department, including budgets. We want to achieve the best throughput while never compromising on care.
- Mentor people on your team. Share your knowledge and confidence with assistant nurse managers, charge nurses, and others. Build them into potential nurse managers like yourself.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Active Registered Nuse License in the state of North Dakota or compaq license that allows practice in North Dakota.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Director Nursing at CommonSpirit Health?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started