MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
- Identifies, reports and documents safety hazards and handles such irregularities as assigned by Supervisor in a manner prescribed by hospital and department policy.
- Initiates investigations into incidents or activities of criminal nature and submits appropriate information to law enforcement agencies as directed.
- Assumes responsibility for proper inventory, pickup, transport and storage of patient valuables and after hour patient deposits.
- Maintains storage and records of lost, found and stolen property of visitors, patient and employees.
- Controls loud, disorderly, physically aggressive, violent patients or visitors on a consistent basis and summons police to assist if necessary. Provides accurate directions, information and, if necessary, escort to the public.
- Provides traffic control, as needed.
- Operates required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform required duties of the position
- High school degree or GED.
- Security, police and/or military experience. Currently enrolled/degree in law enforcement or police science studies may be substituted for experience. Any equivalent background.
- Valid Driver’s/Chauffeurs License required, must meet Mercy’s Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, must be at least 18 years of age and be eligible to drive per Iowa state law.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population serve within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire.
- ASP, handcuffing, and pepper spray certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs