Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Cath Lab
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $27.50 - $39.88 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
$20,000.00 Sign on Bonus
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance/Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance and Education Reimbursement (applicable positions) supporting career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
As our Cath Lab RN at MercyOne, using your expertise and our technology, you will work to recognize and assess urgent/emergency needs of patients and initiate appropriate emergency procedures as needed. Using your organizational skills, you will follow clinic procedure for the organization and management of documentation within the electronic medical record system.
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need to build trust in all your interactions through your professionalism and work ethic. You are very knowledgeable in all areas of your role but always eager to learn more. You keep impeccable records and knowledge of the current electronic medical record system. Confidentiality is of utmost importance to you. You keep your work are organized and clear of clutter. Most of all, you understand how vital your role is in the diagnosing and treating of our patients and you’re eager to help us succeed in making them better.
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care for patients of diverse ages while ensuring patient comfort.
- Cares for patients recovering from Cardiac Cath Lab procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use (i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices). Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Utilizes hospital information system to process orders/data and retrieve patient information. Documents procedures in patient medical record. Maintains knowledge of documentation requirements needed for patients' records.
- Possession of a current or compact state license as a Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a bedside nurse OR completion of a Cath Lab preceptorship required.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter – Child and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN at MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started