MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost, not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
Loan Reimbursement Eligible!
RNs with MercyOne, now part of CommonSpirit Healthhave a variety of skills from clinical to project management. In our clinics you will be exposed to patients and their caregivers throughout their entire clinic experience. From front office to back office and all clinical support required in between and ensure patients and their caregivers have a positive experience. If you are a caregiver who enjoys working directly with patients in a clinic setting, it’s time to connect with us!
What you’ll do:
- Record patient’s medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical record
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and assess urgent/emergency needs of patients and initiate appropriate emergency procedures as needed.
- Obtain medical information and take vitals
- Evaluates patient and family understanding of treatment plan and/or instructions.
- Assists with a variety of procedures, exams and/or operation of diagnostic equipment as assigned
- Proficient in IV skills and IV hydration
- Deliver quality patient care in a fast-paced clinical setting
- Excel coordinating care for multiple patients at a time
- Excellent time management skills; maximizing slow periods to complete tasks during your shift
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
Whether you are an experienced RN 'who's seen it all' or a nurse working toward that, we invite you to join MercyOne Des Moines today and experience nursing with us!
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Active Registered Nursing License in Iowa or a current RN license that allows you to practice in the state of Iowa
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.