RN Weekends Progressive Care Unit
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Progressive Care Unit
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
Starting at $27.50/hr. will go up based on experience - Eligible for Weekend Package Differential on Saturday and Sunday
- STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS or $20,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Provides individualized, high-quality nursing care to patients of all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate and coordinate patient care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Independently delivers nursing care using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing standards, ethical principles, and professional judgment. Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring patient comfort.
- Practices safe patient handling techniques.
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing treatment.
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to educational and emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e. Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use (i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices). Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Possession of a current or compact state licensure as a registered nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter – Child and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Weekends Progressive Care Unit at MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started