Radiologic Technologist Lead
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost, not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
MercyOne's South Clinic is looking for a Rad Tech Lead to perform radiographic procedures at a technical level. This individual will be responsible for operating radiology equipment to make clinical diagnostic imaging films as directed by physicians and performs routine diagnostic procedures. Additionally, oversees daily operations of the entire clinical area.
What You'll Do:
- Assists Manager with staffing, team scheduling and ensuring coverage for clinic during all hours of operation (stays in weekend rotation if applicable).
- Continuing all essential functions of Rad Tech/Lab duties.
- Investigates problems and makes recommendation to the manager for resolutions.
- Facilitates clinical department meetings.
- Mentors new-hires.
- Assists with coordination of and participates in orientation and staff development activities as requested.
- Utilizes clinical staff to evaluate and determine priority situations.
- Participates effectively as a lead-team member in the clinic being a resource and accountable to peers, providers and patients.
- Assumes responsibility for implementing QA and core-competency guidelines within the clinic, as required.
- Assists with implementing process changes or other duties as assigned to meet clinic goals.
- Provides leadership to the clinical staff and is a liaison between the clinical staff and the clinic manager.
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
Whether you are an experienced Rad Tech 'who's seen it all' or working toward that, we invite you to join MercyOne Des Moines today and experience it with us!
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited Limited Radiology Technology training program required.
- Experience required
- Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT) license issued by state agency or passing the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography exam issued by ARRT in one of the following modalities required:
- Head, Chest, Core, Spine or Extremities
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs