MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost, not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
MercyOne Radiation Oncology is looking for a Full Time Physicist to join the team!
The Physicist will work to develop radiotherapy treatments and assures quality of those treatments and the machines delivering the treatments.
What You'll Do
- Development and specifications for radiotherapy treatment and simulation equipment.
- Development of procedures for acceptance testing and continuing evaluation of radiotherapy and simulation equipment.
- Calibration and characterization of radiation from therapeutic sources and machines and their physical properties and arrangements.
- Provision of documentation that radiotherapy and simulation equipment and sources meet accreditation and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Specification, acceptance testing, management and supervision of computer systems and associated data bases used for treatment planning and calculation of treatment times or monitor units.
- Implementation and management of dosimetric and beam delivery aspects of external beam and Brach therapy irradiation.
- Provision of consultation to physicians in assuring accurate delivery of prescribed radiation dose to specific patient sand associated risk.
- Development and management of Quality Control program.
- Development/evaluation of radiation safety program, including written procedures for the protection of patients, workers, and the public.
- Protective shielding design and radiation safety surveys.
- Collecting treatment machine data required for patient dose calculations, entering such data into the treatment-planning computer.
- Acceptance testing of new radiation therapy equipment.
- Review of patient charts on a weekly basis.
- Assist dosimetrists in preparing computer treatment plans.
- Managers referrals to other medical prctices
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
We invite you to join MercyOne Des Moines today and experience #humankindness with us!
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Master of Science degree in Medical Physics as well as Board Certification is required.
- Excellent command of the English language is required.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within in three (3) months of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.