Physical Therapist II- South- PRN
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
What You'll Do:
- Performs evaluations and treatments to patients in a variety of settings. Completes supporting documentation according to hospital policy.
- Supervises physical therapist assistants and rehab support staff in patient care and non-patient care duties according to licensure law
- Appropriately establishes and reviews: plan of care; goals and priorities with team (including patient/family); treatment in response to changing patient needs; educational needs of patient/caregivers; discharge plan/follow-up care needs
- Complies with department, hospital, and regulatory agency guidelines with respect to ethics, legal issues and supervisory relationships. Demonstrates professional accountability per the Physical Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
- Certificate, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in physical therapy
- Licensed in Iowa
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs