MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
- Performs Ultrasound procedures on scheduled shifts including emergency callback, operating ultrasound equipment.
- Instructs and educates patient regarding the ordered test and prepares the patient for the procedure.
- Uses the Hospital and Department information systems to complete patient testing records and billing procedures.
- Provides patient/family or caregiver education and counseling in recognition and solution of physical, emotional, and environmental health problems.
- Instructs, supervises, and evaluates student technologists.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing all exams according to protocol. Maintains the physical environment of the department in a clean, well-stocked, orderly manner.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner, reporting any malfunctions to manager/Bio-med.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of the Ultrasound Department with other areas of the department and hospital to insure and maintain patient care.
- Attends hospital and department meetings and in-services.
Complies with OSHA/JCAHO and other regulatory agency recommendations and guidelines
- Successful completion of an accredited two-year Ultrasound Technologist program.
- Registered with ARDMS within 3 months. Maintain active registry status during employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire, and maintained. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certification include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Pass vascular boards within eighteen months of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs