CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- Based on assignment: Performs evaluations and treatments (including the application of topical medications used in treatment modalities and/or burn/wound care) to infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in a variety of settings. Completes supporting documentation according to hospital policy
- Appropriately establishes and reviews: Plan of care; Goals and priorities with team (including patient/family); Treatment in response to changing patient needs; Educational needs of patient/caregivers; Discharge plan/follow-up care needs.
- Complies with department, hospital, and regulatory agency guidelines with respect to ethics, legal issues and supervisory relationships. Demonstrates professional accountability per the Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, verbal, and non-verbal communication with team members through the continuum of care.
- Protects patient confidentiality in regard to medical, emotional, and social status.
- Advocates for the profession through memberships, affiliations, continuing education, community service and legislative support.
- Graduate of accredited program in occupational therapy
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in Iowa
- Previous experience desired but not required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs