MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
**Position is eligible for sign on bonus or up to $50,000 in Educational Assistance**
- Performs MRI procedures on scheduled shifts including emergency call back, operates MR equipment.
- Provides care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Provides patient/family or caregiver education and counseling in recognition and solution of physical, emotional, and environmental health problems.
- Maintains open and positive communication with staff, physicians, and other departments.
- Instructs, supervises, and evaluates student technologists.
- Participates in the training of new employees
- Presents a positive image to community and professional contacts.
- Promotes professionalism with the department, hospital, and community; acts as a role model.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing all exams according to protocol.
- Maintains the physical environment of the department in a clean, well-stocked, orderly manner.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner, reporting any malfunctions to manager/Bio-med.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of the MRI Department with other areas of the department and hospital to insure and maintain patient care.
- Successful completion of an accredited two year Radiologic Technology program.
- Registry eligible or Registered Radiologic Technologist (R)
- Maintains active registry status in ARRT
- Maintains current Iowa Permit to Practice
- Participates in professional society (i.e., ISRT or SCD)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED forThe Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population serve within three (3) months of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs