Mental Health Tech Weekend Package
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
Provides a diverse skill set to compliment professional staff in The Help Center, Patient Care Units, Programs and the Behavioral Health Clinic. Provides direct care for patients under the supervision of a RN or Physician. Provides community resource information. Depending on primary work assignment may be required to be competent in registration, scheduling, reception, document management, and charge posting. Assumes special projects based on department needs, expertise and interest.
- Responsible for providing direct patient care within the Behavioral Health Services in accordance with the patients’ needs and individualized care plans.
- Maintains and employs a therapeutic perspective/approach when dealing with patients and unit guests. Relates to patients in a non-judgmental, accepting, helpful, respectful manner.
- Develops, and facilitates psycho-education and diversionary activities for patients in accordance with daily schedules and the patient’s treatment plan.
- Responsible for thorough documentation of observations and care provided.
- Participates in Patient Care Conferences whenever possible.
- Conveys pertinent information to RN and other members of the healthcare team.
- Promotes communication with patients, family and hospital guests.
- Responsible for working knowledge of hospital’s emergency procedures; assists in providing a clean and safe environment.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of psychiatric disorders in defined area of service.
- Receive and directs incoming calls.
- Ensures that clinicians are notified promptly of urgent/emergent situations.
- Performs collection of new patient demographic information, registration, consents, insurance verification, charge posting and scheduling in the Behavioral Health Clinic.
- Promotes maintenance of therapeutic milieu by encouraging patients’ participation in assigned activities.
- Engages in therapeutic conversation with patient and interacts with them in accordance with appropriate therapeutic boundaries.
- Accompanies patients off unit as ordered for tests, visitation, walks, etc, as staffing and milieu allows.
- Participates actively in necessary crisis intervention within the Psychiatric Services Department and throughout the hospital as needed and when availability permits.
- Shares responsibility of routine patient rounds with other nursing staff on duty if assigned to inpatient team.
MINUMIM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- BS in health related area or 1 year of experience working in a health care setting preferred
- Knowledge of medical office practices and procedures, office equipment, medical terminology, data entry and micro-office software preferred in clinic setting
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs