Med History Pharmacy Tech
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
- Successfully complete Medication History Pharmacy Technician Competency/Skill Set.
- Interview patients &/or their designated family/caregivers as soon as possible after
- presenting for care to Mercy clinical areas (includes the Emergency Department, as well as inpatient and outpatient areas).
- Obtain & record in the electronic medical record a current list of medications to include: prescription medications, over-the-counter (non-prescription) medications, vitamin and nutritional supplements, as well as the source(s) for this information.
- Recording should include the following: name/location of patient’s ambulatory pharmacy, medication/supplement name, dosage form, strength, dose, day/time of most recent dose, and source(s) of the information being recorded.
- Attempt to clarify as many uncertainties and compile as complete a medication history as possible utilizing patient and family/caregiver information, ambulatory pharmacy records, clinic records, long-term-care facility records and information from previous hospital encounters.
- Obtain & record in the electronic medical record an allergy history for each patient. In doing so, clarify & record the nature of the allergic reaction when necessary.
- Consult with a pharmacist in all cases of unresolved uncertainties related to a patient’s medication & allergy history.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within 3 months of hire.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification; Minimum of 2000 hours of pharmacy technician experience required; and Registered or eligible to register as pharmacy technician with the State Board of Pharmacy Examiners within 30 days of hire date.
Registered Pharmacist-Intern with the State of Iowa at the time of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire. The acceptable credentialing body for this requirement is the American Heart Association.
High school diploma preferred or high school equivalency.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs