MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost, not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
MercyOne is looking for a dedicated Licensed Independent Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist to provide outpatient therapy for our Outpatient Mental Health Clinic. Our therapists operate from an independent integrate psychotherapy opportunities within the Family Practice setting to reduce stigma and provider additional support to the Primary Care Setting.
MercyOne provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- PSLF Qualifying organization
- Base Pay + Production Bonus
- $5k Signon Bonus
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- Assess patients’ mental condition based on review of medical information, interviews,
observation, and collaboration with other providers
- Provides Independent Outpatient Psychotherapy services, crisis evaluations as requested by the family practice locations, and treatment as appropriate
- Assist with intervention for patients when a crisis occurs
- Develops individualized psychosocial case plans based on assessment and in conjunction with other members of the health care delivery team. Implements plan and monitors patient progress.
- Consults with providers, clinic staff and health coaches/ assistants, patient/ family to determine patient's psychosocial needs and plans. Refers patients to community resources or to a specialists as necessary
- Provides patient/family with information on options/resources available and strategies for utilizing these resources. Assists with all necessary referrals
- Provides information and materials to patients/families and others. Possesses knowledge of public and private welfare and health agencies available to serve the community
- Possesses basic knowledge of insurance coverage and is able to discuss openly with patients as required
- Master's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or Family and Marriage Therapy required.
- Provisionally or Independently licensed in the State of Iowa
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs