The posted compensation range of $15.00 - $18.84 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
- Accepts specimens and requisitions from external and internal customers utilizing excellent customer service skills.
- Identifies patients/specimens using two unique patient identifiers and accurately labels specimen containers.
- Correctly registers specimens and logs into Laboratory Information System (LIS) appropriate to department where testing is to be performed as needed, or evaluates specimen adequacy and acceptability and logs into LIS.
- Performs specimen processing as needed. For example, proper identification, aliquoting, plate streaking, preparing slides, special handling, and required documentation.
- Follows established procedures and policies including infection control and bloodborne pathogens.
- Handles chemicals according to established safety protocols.
- Meets defined workload productivity standards. Supports and utilizes LEAN principles.
- Works proficiently with laboratory information systems and personal computers.
- Follows established procedures and policies to obtain optimal test turn-around-times.
- Participates in teaching peers.
- Handles incoming and outgoing telephone calls utilizing good customer service skills and knowledge of the laboratory.
- Follows up on and documents out of range temperatures.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within 3 months of hire.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and laboratory experience preferred.
- Computer skills required
- For Reference Lab: valid Iowa driver’s license required. Must meet Mercy’s Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and be at least 18 years of age.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs