CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- Accepts specimens and requisitions from external and internal customers utilizing excellent customer service skills.
- Identifies patients/specimens using two unique patient identifiers and accurately labels specimen containers.
- Correctly registers specimens and logs into Laboratory Information System (LIS) appropriate to department where testing is to be performed as needed, or evaluates specimen adequacy and acceptability and logs into LIS.
- Performs specimen processing as needed. For example, proper identification, aliquoting, plate streaking, preparing slides, special handling, and required documentation.
- Follows established procedures and policies including infection control and bloodborne pathogens.
- Handles chemicals according to established safety protocols.
- Meets defined workload productivity standards. Supports and utilizes LEAN principles.
- Works proficiently with laboratory information systems and personal computers.
- Follows established procedures and policies to obtain optimal test turn-around-times.
- Participates in teaching peers.
- Handles incoming and outgoing telephone calls utilizing good customer service skills and knowledge of the laboratory.
- Follows up on and documents out of range temperatures.
- Assists in gross room.
- Prepares area and assists pathologists for frozen section testing.
- Distribution/filing of slides and blocks.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within 3 months of hire.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and laboratory experience preferred.
- Computer skills required
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs