Informatics Support Analyst
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- Supports interdisciplinary clinical workgroups dedicated to design, build, and testing activities related to clinical information applications and systems.
- Serves as liaison between clinical staff, both internal and external, and IS staff in communicating information, issues, and problems related to applications.
- Confers with managers, systems analyst and programmers on assigned projects and problem, to help support the successful completion of tasks.
- Provides project status reports to project leaders.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of clinical documentation and departmental workflow to electronic clinical applications.
- Performs data collection, aggregation activities and report generation.
- Demonstrates application functionality to clinicians and other customers.
- Supports training programs to ensure end user competence.
- Supports communication with clinical user departments to understand departmental needs and match them with application functionality and design.
- Takes call as appropriate based on job duties.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum three years acute care clinical or IT experience, required.
- Experience with clinical information systems strongly preferred.
- Proficient in use of computer applications, i.e. MS Office programs. Advanced computer or information systems training preferred.
- Ability to travel up to two weeks per month during peak project activity.
- Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation and problem solving skills.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.