The posted compensation range of $33.52 - $48.60 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
In close collaboration with the patient care areas and the IT department, the Clinical Informaticist is responsible for providing leadership to the planning, coordination and implementation of clinical IT projects, initiatives and existing systems in the patient care areas across acute and ambulatory venues of care. The Clinical Informaticist provides subject matter expertise and oversight of other subject matter experts as necessary.
- Provides project leadership on EMR related projects. Takes the role of project leader by defining resource needs, project timelines, implementation schedules, and other duties associated with project leadership to ensure timely project completion and fulfillment of all project goals and objectives.
- Utilizes effective problem solving skills in identifying strengths and weaknesses in the Clinical IT projects, identifying obstacles to progress and creatively defines problem solving approaches.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of provider, nursing, and other clinical documentation; informatics; and standardized nomenclatures and languages.
- Maintains current knowledge of standards, patient safety goals, and other regulatory requirements, and integrates this into clinical information systems design.
- Provides oversight at the MBO level for data and workflow integrity between applications and systems.
- Insures that clinical end-users are appropriately involved throughout the design and installation process.
- Coordinates and leads project related team meetings.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Iowa.
- Bachelor degree in nursing, required, or actively in pursuit of BSN degree (alternative educational preparation may be considered by the department director).
- Informatics certification and/or degree or actively in pursuit of informatics certification and/or degree strongly preferred. Acceptable options include: Masters of Science in Nursing Informatics, Masters of Health Care Informatics, American Nurses Credentialing Center Informatics Certification, Health Information Management Systems Society Certification (CAHIMS or CPHIMS).
- Clinical nursing experience required
- Experience with clinical information systems strongly preferred.
- Leadership experience as a nurse manager, Clinical Resource Nurse, Clinical Specialist, nursing supervisor, etc., preferred
- Proficient in use of computer applications; i.e., MS Office programs.
- Ability to travel.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs