MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
- Uses interview techniques, diagnostic evaluation results and personal observation to assess an individual’s (adult and geriatric) capacity for exercise.
- Conducts counseling sessions with clients (adult and geriatric) to incorporate test results and goals into an individualized exercise prescription and lifestyle modification plan.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all client/patient/personnel information.
- Works independently with limited direct supervision using Mercy Medical Center policies, professional judgment and ACSM guidelines.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Promotes a positive atmosphere within the work unit and displays adaptability to change
- Initiates emergency procedures (including code blue) according to policy.
- Master’s degree in exercise physiology or related field with an emphasis in exercise physiology is required.
- ACSM certification desired
- Good knowledge of: exercise physiology, motivational techniques and stress management, stress testing, strength and flexibility testing, skinfold determination of body composition, ECG testing, pulmonary function screens
- ECG interpretation experience desired
- Experience drawing blood helpful
- Computer experience helpful
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs