CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- Maintains proficiency with all cardiac ultrasound equipment and procedures performed at MercyOne
- Instructs and educates patient regarding the ordered test and prepares the patient for the procedure.
- Performs echocardiograms according to established protocol
- Performs cardiac sonography procedures using sterile technique in the OR/Cath lab setting.
- Appropriately documents in EHR and billing system
- Transports and positions patients as necessary to complete echocardiographic exams.
- Monitors patient status during testing.
- Injects ultrasound contrast media when indicated.
- Responsible for maintaining strict confidentiality of patient information.
- Demonstrates the following customer service/interpersonal skills:
- Takes personal responsibility for work, actions, and attitudes
- Respects patients, peers, clients, students, physicians, service representatives, and other hospital staff
- Demonstrates positive and effective communication skills
- Cooperates with peers and leaders to build and maintain an effective healthcare team.
- Covers on-call shifts as scheduled including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Maintains equipment in designated testing areas.
- Participates in QA activities as directed.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work environment
- Adheres to all Joint Commission and IAC accreditation guidelines
- Serves as a mentor for cardiac sonography students.
- Attends required meetings and participates on committees as requested.
- Completes department competencies in the required timeframes.
- Successful completion of an accredited two year Ultrasonography or Radiologic Technologist program or must meet the educational requirements of the ARDMS for ultrasound training. (ie: 2-year Allied Health degree or Bachelor’s degree)
- Must meet the educational requirements of the ARDMS/CCI for ultrasound training
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within 6 months of hireCurrent BCLS certification.
- Mandatory Reporter within 3 months of hire.
- Maintains active registry status with ARDMS or CCI
- Current BCLS certification.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs