MercyOne is a connected system of health care facilities and services dedicated to helping individuals live their best life.
With 420 care locations, our clinics, medical centers and affiliates are never too far from home, allowing us to improve the lives of individuals and communities across the state of Iowa and beyond.
MercyOne’s Central Iowa Region includes medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines.
Responsible for assessing the nutritional status and providing individualized nutrition care plans and education from the analysis of the medical record and patient interview information for each hospitalized patient utilizing specialized knowledge and skills.
Educates and counsels patients of all ages including infant, child, adolescent, adult, geriatric and significant other on modification of diet required for continued recovery as assigned.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- A professional level of knowledge in a specialized field (nutrition and dietetics), which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regular four-year college program with a Bachelor’s of Science degree.
- Completion of the Coordinated Undergraduate Program, Internship Program or other qualifying experience approved by the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is required.
- Current registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration or Registration eligible upon completion of an approved internship program or qualifying experience and successfully taking and passing the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) exam. Failure to pass the CDR exam within two (2) attempts will result in the termination of the employee’s employment status.
- Current license with the State of Iowa for Dietetic Practice
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs