Department Support Assistant
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
- Operates PC, fax machine, copy machine and other office equipment as necessary.
- Demonstrates proper phone etiquette and utilization of computers, including completion of exam, data entry, charting during procedure and prior to imaging.
- Checks surgery and imaging records for completeness and follows up with appropriate personnel to ensure records are completed.
- Collects and stickers patient charts.
- Greets patient/visitors, check in each patient, and announces their arrival to appropriate area(s).
- Acts as a liaison for patients and their families in the waiting room.
- Communicates appropriately with staff, physicians, and other departments with the ability to prioritize in an environment that is often hectic and subject to frequent interruptions.
- Performs registration functions as needed. Must maintain a high degree of accuracy in collecting patient demographics and insurance information from various sources.
- Escort/transport patients as needed.
- Manages office supply inventory
- High school diploma preferred or high school equivalency.
- Typing ability and basic computer skills.
- One-year administrative experience preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training for child and dependent adult abuse within three (3) months of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs