Cath Lab Technologist
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Cath Lab
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
$15,000.00 Sign on Bonus
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance/Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance and Education Reimbursement (applicable positions) supporting career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- $3000 sign-on bonus!
As our Cath Lab Technologist at MercyOne, you will assist physicians during special radiologic procedures requiring experience and advanced training in the Cath lab. Serves as a resource person for other personnel regarding hemodynamic monitoring and radiation safety. These procedures vary in advanced diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular procedures requiring experience and advanced training in the cardiac cath lab.
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need to build trust in all your interactions through your professionalism and work ethic. You are very knowledgeable in all areas of your role but always eager to learn more. You keep impeccable records and knowledge of the current electronic medical record system. Confidentiality is of utmost importance to you. Most of all, you understand how vital your role is in the diagnosing and treating of our patients and you’re eager to help us succeed in making them better.
- Assists the physician with imaging during diagnosis and treatment of cardiac cath lab patients of diverse ages. Ensures quality of imaging and image acquisition, DSA, and hemodynamic monitoring. Ensures radiation safety practices are used for patients and personnel.
- Proficient with aseptic technique and assists physician with scrubbing during procedure. Transport patients to and from the cath lab. May apply manual pressure to puncture site to obtain hemostasis following procedures.
- Assists with technical utilization of physiologic monitoring/data devices in the cath lab. Calibrates physiologic and monitoring devices. Prepares appropriate forms to document procedural data. Prepares and maintains physiological data after completion of each procedure.
- Prepares skin and drapes patient for procedure using aseptic technique.
- Acquires supplies needed for procedures and may pass to physician or assistant maintaining sterile technique. Assists in maintaining inventory control.
- Graduate of Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist certification program and completion of preceptorship; must be registered within one year of hire
- OR completion of a two-year training program in Radiologic technology, maintain a current Iowa permit to practice AND ARRT registry and have 2 years of experience
- OR an Advanced Medical Training Degree (Associate of Science degree or Associate’s degree in Paramedic, or Allied Health Profession) with 2 years of experience.
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
- ACLS required within 6 months in cath lab.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Cath Lab Technologist at MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started