Cath Lab Technologist
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
$3,000.00 Sign on Bonus
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance/Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance and Education Reimbursement (applicable positions) supporting career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- $3000 sign-on bonus!
As our Cath Lab Technologist at MercyOne, you will assist physicians during special radiologic procedures requiring experience and advanced training in the Cath lab. Serves as a resource person for other personnel regarding hemodynamic monitoring and radiation safety. These procedures vary in advanced diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular procedures requiring experience and advanced training in the cardiac cath lab.
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need to build trust in all your interactions through your professionalism and work ethic. You are very knowledgeable in all areas of your role but always eager to learn more. You keep impeccable records and knowledge of the current electronic medical record system. Confidentiality is of utmost importance to you. Most of all, you understand how vital your role is in the diagnosing and treating of our patients and you’re eager to help us succeed in making them better.
- Assists the physician with imaging during diagnosis and treatment of cardiac cath lab patients of diverse ages. Ensures quality of imaging and image acquisition, DSA, and hemodynamic monitoring. Ensures radiation safety practices are used for patients and personnel.
- Proficient with aseptic technique and assists physician with scrubbing during procedure. Transport patients to and from the cath lab. May apply manual pressure to puncture site to obtain hemostasis following procedures.
- Assists with technical utilization of physiologic monitoring/data devices in the cath lab. Calibrates physiologic and monitoring devices. Prepares appropriate forms to document procedural data. Prepares and maintains physiological data after completion of each procedure.
- Prepares skin and drapes patient for procedure using aseptic technique.
- Acquires supplies needed for procedures and may pass to physician or assistant maintaining sterile technique. Assists in maintaining inventory control.
- Graduate of Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist certification program and completion of preceptorship; must be registered within one year of hire
- OR completion of a two-year training program in Radiologic technology, maintain a current Iowa permit to practice AND ARRT registry and have 2 years of experience
- OR an Advanced Medical Training Degree (Associate of Science degree or Associate’s degree in Paramedic, or Allied Health Profession) with 2 years of experience.
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
- ACLS required within 6 months in cath lab.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs