Cath Lab Technologist II
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Cardiology Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
$3,000.00 Sign on Bonus
- Assists the physician with imaging during diagnosis and treatment of cardiac cath lab patients of diverse ages. Ensures quality of imaging and image acquisition, DSA, and hemodynamic monitoring. Ensures radiation safety practices are used for patients and personnel.
- Proficient with aseptic technique and assists physician with scrubbing during procedure. Transport patients to and from the cath lab. May apply manual pressure to puncture site to obtain hemostasis following procedures.
- Assists with technical utilization of physiologic monitoring/data devices in the cath lab. Calibrates physiologic and monitoring devices. Prepares appropriate forms to document procedural data. Prepares and maintains physiological data after completion of each procedure.
- Prepares skin and drapes patient for procedure using aseptic technique.
- Acquires supplies needed for procedures and may pass to physician or assistant maintaining sterile technique. Assists in maintaining inventory control.
- Administers CPR, defibrillation, Ambu, etc. as ordered by physician during procedure.
- Transports patients to and from procedure rooms. Reports status of hemostasis of puncture site(s) to nurse. May apply clamp or manual pressure to puncture site(s).
- Patient and family education of cath lab procedures and documents of patient medical record.
- Completion of a two-year training program in radiologic technology and ARRT registry, with a valid Iowa Radiology technologist permit to practice, OR a graduate of Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist certification program OR an Advanced medical training degree (Associate of Science degree or Associate’s degree in paramedic, or Allied Health Profession)
- Obtain and/or maintain RCIS, RCES or ARRT CI certification.
- Three years of related experience required, with a minimum of 2 years in the Cath Lab setting.
- Basic Life Support required within 3 months of hire.
- ACLS preferred required within 6 months of hire.
- Mandatory Reporter required within 3 months of hire.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Cath Lab Technologist II at MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started