Auditor Coder Specialist
The posted compensation range of $20.62 - $28.35 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
- Responsible for coding and abstracting patients’ records for professional billing.
- Reviews patient medical records retrospectively and concurrently for the coding and sequencing of diagnoses and procedures for reimbursement purposes.
- Interacts and assists with coding requests and questions from billers.
- Serves as a resource for difficult coding questions and assists with insurance denials for correction and re-filing.
- Makes process improvement recommendations to management as identified, specifically related to registration and charge posting.
- Performs in compliance with federal, state, insurance industry regulations.
- Follows established hospital policies concerning corporate compliance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of two years current experience with ICDM 9, CPT coding, and health insurance provider rules and regulations
- Coding Certification.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology and medical terminology
- One to two years post high school education
- Knowledge of physician EM coding
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs