Trauma Coordinator RN
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
At CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs patients are at the heart of our care. Our campus is designed to heal the body mind and spirit of every person in a more comfortable less stressful hospital environment. Our full range of medical services include a new pavilion featuring enhancements in heart and vascular care surgery maternity cancer care and diagnostic imaging.
This position contributes to the mission and vision of CHI Health by providing direct support to Trauma Services and indirect support to a designated group of patients across the age continuum.
This person will be responsible for overall planning, development, and oversight of the Outreach and Injury Prevention Program and will be the liaison to EMS, referral facilities, and coalitions and committees throughout the region as required by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) for trauma center verification.
- Coordinates, implements, and maintains injury prevention program based on local trauma data.
- Evaluates injury prevention program success in meeting objectives.
- Collaborates with other hospital and local community partners to provide injury prevention activities. This includes participating in professional organizations.
- Provides follow-up contact with referring physicians/facilities/EMS as indicated through written and verbal communication.
- Serves as a resource for outlying facility and EMS for trauma related education/prevention and quality improvement; assists with program development as requested.
- Identifies possible learning needs of the nursing staff, patients, student, professionals and lay community regarding the trauma population and arranges programs to meet these needs.
- Assists with educational endeavors by the trauma department.
Must hold a valid RN compact multistate license or single state license to practice in Nebraska or Iowa depending on work state.
Perferred:BSN or MSN; Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience as a registered nurse in a trauma setting (emergency department or critical care).
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Trauma Coordinator RN at CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started