The posted compensation range of $21.80 - $31.62 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
At CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs patients are at the heart of our care. Our campus is designed to heal the body mind and spirit of every person in a more comfortable less stressful hospital environment. Our full range of medical services include a new pavilion featuring enhancements in heart and vascular care surgery maternity cancer care and diagnostic imaging.
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus
Up to $7000 Educational Assistance Available
Surgery can be very scary for a patient. It’s our job to make sure surgical areas are ready for use when needed. Our Surg Techs ensure that the operating areas are sterile and clean while confirming all equipment needed works properly. If you are a Certified Surgical Technician and want to start a new career with an amazing group of healthcare professionals see below what it takes to join our team.
What you’ll do:
- Prepares the operating room for surgical procedures by ensuring the equipment is functioning properly and safely
- Prepares the operating room and the sterile field for surgical procedures by preparing sterile supplies instruments and equipment using sterile technique
- Demonstrates knowledge of human anatomy and pathophysiology and how it relates to the patient and surgical procedure
- Anticipates usual and unexpected events during the surgical procedure and responds in an efficient manner
- Handles and processes surgical specimens according to established policy/procedure
- Serves as a preceptor in training and orientation of fellow staff members and students
Why you should choose us:
What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We in turn believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
- Completion of an accredited Surgical Technology program
- Certification in Surgical Technology preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs