Be a part of our CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs team where patients are at the heart of our patient-focused care! Our campus is designed to heal the body, mind and spirit of every person in a more comfortable, less stressful hospital environment. Our full range of medical services include a new Pavilion featuring enhancements in heart & vascular care, surgery, maternity, cancer care, and diagnostic imaging.
As the Imaging Supervisor, you will be responsible for the different units within the Imaging department, which include sonography, radiology, CT, IR, MRI, mammo, and nuclear medicine. Supports the department by supervising the planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluation of work planning . Coordinates provision of imaging services as an integrated component of imaging and technical resource for the modality. In absence of department director, fulfills that role for department including addressing patient, physician and staff concerns.
You understand and appreciate that people are our most valuable asset that is the primary driver of our business success. You champion diversity and complement our environment of inclusion by treating everyone with compassion and cultural sensitivity.
CHI Health provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting any child care, pet care, or adult dependent needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
1. Participates in recruitment, interviewing and hiring of new employees, addresses staff performance concerns including verbal and written warning as needed. Participates in new employee orientation and supports staff by providing and supervising continued education within the department. Participates in staff schedules and makes necessary modifications to meet minimum staffing levels.
2. Maintain a positive culture of engagement. Works with director/manager/leader to provide a positive work environment for all staff members.
3. Manages performance including; goal setting, performance evaluation, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, provides feedback, recognizes good performance, develops skills and addresses performance issues related to work and CHI Commitments. Participates in budget planning and implementation including assessment of department needs.
4. Proper assessment of the patient and their abilities to participate in ordered procedure. Provides a clear explanation of the procedure including; duration, process, and what to expect following completion. Verifies informed consent for and assists physician with interventional procedures; needle localization, aspiration, biopsies, and other invasive procedures. Practices aseptic and sterile techniques as necessary and observes universal precautions. Provides patient education as appropriate.
5. Selection of the proper equipment, setting correct technical factors, procedure protocols and gathers proper supplies prior to performance of the procedure. Recognizes all radiation safety standards including “Image Gently” and “Image Wisely” and MR safety standards. Understands and follows all rules around radiation protection including wearing of lead protection when utilizing fluoroscopy or when there is a possibility of exposure i.e. CT room, performing portable exams etc.
6. Obtains clear and complete history from the patient and or patient record and records that data into RIS to assist in image interpretation and future patient encounters.
7. Is able to perform quality assessment of images obtained and is able to evaluate equipment issues and reports assessment to manager, director, VP of hospital services or designee.
8. Ensures all equipment is in working order at the beginning of the day and prior to starting of a procedure. Performs any performance and quality tests on equipment as required including ACR quality requirements. Checks all supplies for outdates prior to use and reports any shortages, variations or failures of equipment to supervisor, manager or director for follow-up. Uses CHI incident reporting system to report any patient injuries or concerns, equipment or supply failures or malfunctions, medication reaction or errors, and visitor or personal injury or exposure.
9. Is responsible to participate in and have a good understanding of all department, campus and system quality improvement projects, the ACR accreditation process, Radiation Safety, ALARA, MQSA, and State Regulations as they apply to staffs license or certifications. Be familiar with the requirements of CMS and Joint Commission and be able to speak to all department processes around quality and environment of care.
-Graduate of a Radiology, Ultrasonography or Nuclear Medicine program
Licenses & Certifications:
-BLS through American Heart Association required upon hire.
-Board Certified in Radiology by the ARRT, or ARDMS certified, or NMTCB certified
-Must hold a valid general Radiography license in Iown if certified by ARRT
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
-Understands methods and is capable of performing venipuncture’s as required for position
-Demonstrated ability to set and maintain multiple priorities in an environment with shifting priorities, while providing accurate deliverables in a timely fashion
-Must be self-motivated, and able to take ownership of projects/assignments
-Must be a team player with excellent follow-up and customer service skills
-Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
I-nterpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team members
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.