CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- Collects, transports, receives, prepares and accurately tests biological specimens using procedures consistent with safe work practices and proper laboratory technique while maintaining integrity of specimens.
- Performs waived and moderate complex testing as allowed by CLIA regulations.
- Critically evaluates specimen integrity. Ensures that lab results fit clinical context for each individual patient’s specimen. Immediately reports testing outside of normal parameters to authorized testing personnel.
- Communicates and documents test status and results in a timely manner to clinical personnel involved in patient care.
- Maintains and operates test systems for optimal performance; collaborates with tech or technician to resolve technical issues.
- Follows CAP and all regulatory guidelines, demonstrating consistent adherence to national patient safety goals.
- Assists with or can be assigned to: chemistry, hematology, blood bank, microbiology, molecular and anatomic testing departments (refer to department training checklist for specific department tasks performed).
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Ability to perform scientific testing and utilize lab equipment
Associates or Bachelors of Science Degree in a life sciences related field.
One year clinical or laboratory experience.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs