RN Infusion Center
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: PRN
- Department: Cancer Center
- Hours/Pay Period: 0
Saint Joseph London is a 150-bed regional hospital located in London Kentucky. Founded in 1926 Saint Joseph London opened a new $152 million 340000-square foot regional facility in 2010. We offer the latest technology along with nationally ranked award-winning services. Our patient rooms are private with most overlooking a small lake and garden on the 52-acre healing environment. Saint Joseph London treats patients from southeastern Kentucky including those from Clay Laurel Jackson Knox Pulaski Rockcastle and Whitley counties. CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to the hematology/oncology patient. Applies knowledge of current cancer treatment modalities to patient care. Administers chemotherapy and biotherapy agents according to institutional policy, standards, and guidelines. May mix chemotherapy/biotherapy agents on occasion in the absence of a pharmacist. Answers telephone calls from patients. Provides patients and families with emotional support, information and guidance during treatment. Educate patients and families in areas of health and illness that maintain optimum levels of physical and emotional functioning.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Ability to assess and reassess pain and pain management techniques utilized. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies dysrhythmias.
- Assists the physician(s) with office procedures; maintains medical and surgical asepsis.
- Maintains medical equipment; disinfects and sterilizes instruments.
- Answers telephone calls in a professional manner; refers patient problems to office/clinic physician; schedules patient appointments.
- Maintains accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses and assessment of changes.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and family. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served
- Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Interacts professionally with patient and family and involves patient and family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Ability to work with insurance companies to receive authorizations for prescription medications for patient in a timely manner.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; includes family in teaching, as appropriate.
- Maintains current knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and his/her clinical condition
- Demonstrates knowledge of lab requirements, requisitions
- Maintains established office/clinic policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Plans and provides nursing care in accordance with physician orders.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with office/clinic standards.
- Ensures an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of equipment
- Assists in cost containment through appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve office/clinic objectives, maintains good employee relations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of healthcare plans, procedural costs.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist physicians with procedures in the office/clinic.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops; shows responsibility for own professional practice and ongoing education.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Demonstrates awareness of current state, federal and local laws governing the delivery of care.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
6 months RN experience
Required Licensure and Certifications
Current unrestricted license, as a registered nurse, in state(s) of practice is required.
Basic Life Support - CPR (BLS-CPR)
Oncology Certified Nurse OCN/ONS
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Infusion Center at CHI Saint Joseph London?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started