Pediatric Speech Pathologist
The posted compensation range of $33.52 - $48.60 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist
The Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) delivers quality therapy services to patients by performing evaluations and developing individual treatment plans and goals to maximize functional outcomes. The SLP implements the treatment program, reassesses treatment results, and actively participates in discharge planning. The SLP is responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice following the guidelines of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists. Services are delivered within the framework of an interdisciplinary team approach, including the patient and significant others. These services are delivered in compliance with CommonSpirit Health's mission, ethical standards, and policies and procedures.
We are offering relocation to new hires who meet the eligibility requirements.
We are offering a $10,000 Sign on Bonus in addition to relocation to new hires who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Evaluates/assesses patients in a systematic and thorough manner; establishes appropriate treatment plans and goals
within specified time frames; administers appropriate treatments to patients; demonstrates knowledge and skill in the
use of therapeutic interventions for speech, language, cognition, and swallowing for patients of all ages.
- Instructs and supervises patient care of rehabilitation technicians and student affiliates in a respectful, courteous and
- Maintains timely and accurate medical records; records legibly in patient charts; completes reports in an organized,
thorough and timely manner.
- Fosters communication with patients and families, other therapists, physicians, nurses, volunteers, and other hospital
personnel to achieve goals and establish department support; attends and provides quality input during multidisciplinary
rounds and departmental meetings.
- Provides patient and family education; includes information on outside resources to meet the patient's specific needs.
- Promotes health care outcomes in concert with currently accepted clinical practice guidelines and established clinical
pathways. Identifies poor outcomes/data for referral for performance improvement.
- Attends department and hospital inservices; actively engages in continuing education and professional development.
- Assists with teaching/training of new/current personnel; evaluates clinical competency of peers and provides
interdepartmental education, as directed; completes all required training and education.
- Masters degree (e.g. MA, MS, MBA, MSN, MSW) Communication Sciences and Disorders or Equivalent
- Preferred: 2 years clinical experience; Pediatric therapy experience
- Licensed by the State of Texas- Speech-Language Pathology / Intern; eligibility to begin clinical fellowship period with ASHA membership upon completion (required); American Heart Association BLS CPR certified
- Preferred: Certificate of Clinical Competence; Member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more!
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs