MercyOne is a connected system of health care facilities and services dedicated to helping individuals live their best life.
With 420 care locations, our clinics, medical centers and affiliates are never too far from home, allowing us to improve the lives of individuals and communities across the state of Iowa and beyond.
MercyOne is seeking an accomplished Web and SEO professional to join our team to advance our Mission of transforming the health of our communities. As Web Coordinator, you will develop and optimize content on MercyOne.org. You will work with Sr. Web Coordinator and market teams to ensure that content is easily found on-site and on-line. You will work with external vendors to optimize performance, troubleshoot issues as well as proactively add enhancements to best serve the organization’s objectives.
You will work with a passionate team of marketing communications colleagues, senior leaders and doctors to drive appointments and engage patients. You will help with all aspects of website content management across the website, including creating and updating content and pages, adding tracking pixels, improving provider directory and managing provider listings online. You will proactively monitor and improve site performance and optimize our presence online.
The ideal candidate thinks strategically, takes initiative, dives deep into details and is energized by juggling priorities. The successful candidate for this position is also composed in fast-moving situations, embraces ambiguity and changing tides, ramps quickly on complex issues, and anticipates questions/reactions. Lastly, the right candidate should be self-motivated. This position can be based at any MercyOne location with limited travel required.
- Develop and edit content for external websites via content management system (Crownpeak).
- Ensure timely update of new information and accuracy of existing information online.
- Work independently as well as with the Sr. Web Coordinator and other marketing and communication team members, health system operations and project sponsors to create and update content.
- Optimize pages to create a frictionless consumer experience and improve page performance.
- Maintain website standards and guidelines as they relate to content, ease of use, graphics and brand image, and ADA compliance.
- Monitor website performance and utilize analytics and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to improve web pages for leading search engines.
- Maintain online directory listings on third-party sites like Google My Business, Yelp, WebMD, etc. Work with external vendor to monitor and improve listing quality
- Continuously ideate and innovate
- Live by our Mission, Values and Cultural Beliefs and showcase these MercyOne foundations in your daily work
- Collaborate with and strengthens marketing and communications colleagues across MercyOne.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Advertising, Communications or related field, with three (3) to five (5) years’ work experience in marketing, website maintenance, and search engine optimization.
- Experience developing and formatting web pages and content with web content management systems
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) experience to monitor performance, develop optimized content and analyze results with web analytics (Google Analytics)
- Experience managing on-line listings for locations and providers. Work with listings vendor to monitor and improve listing quality.
- Interacts with managers, directors, physicians, leadership, and corporate communications team to accurately reflect current services through web content
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work flexibly, collaboratively and effectively with colleagues, peers, and vendors
- An attitude focused on being resourceful, being proactive and getting results.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously; strong organizational skills; highly self-motivated and self-directed; and attentive to detail.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.