Vascular Nurse Practitioner
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Vascular Surgery
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
CHI Memorial Vascular
CHI Memorial Medical Group (Mountain Management Services), now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is a Management Service Organization (MSO) that provides comprehensive office management services for all Memorial Health Partners and many physicians in private practice. We are proud to be a part of the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
We care about our employees’ well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting any child care, pet care, or adult dependent needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Matching Retirement Programs
If you are passionate about the patient experience and ready to join our nationally recognized hospital, connect with us today!
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for utilizing training and skills to provide direct patient care under the supervision of a physician.
- Obtain medical histories when necessary.
- Perform physical exams (within established protocol).
- Diagnose, treat and monitor chronic diseases (within protocol guidelines).
- Order diagnostic test.
- Prescribe or recommend medications for prescription for medications and treatment (within protocol guidelines).
- Provide preventive health screenings and immunizations for children and adults.
- Promote positive lifestyle habits to all patients through education and counseling.
- Assist the doctor with office surgeries.
- Assure charts are signed off by the doctor within 7 days.
- Maintain patient’s privacy and confidentiality.
- Make follow up calls to check patients progress.
- Assist doctors with phone coverage and hospital rounds.
- Work closely with other nurses to assure patient flow is efficient.
- Consult with doctor regarding patient symptoms to assure proper diagnosis and plan of treatment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Certificate of fitness through American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- 3-5 years clinical nursing practice in a Vascular setting preferred.
- 1-3 years previous experience as a NP in an acute setting or equivalent RN experience
Certification or Licensure:
- Licensed as an RN in the state of TN.
- Licensed as a CRNP in state of TN, required.
- BLS required.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Vascular Nurse Practitioner at CHI Memorial?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started