The Chattanooga Heart Institute offers the most comprehensive cardiac care available in this region. Founded in 1976, we now have six offices in Tennessee and one in Georgia. Our practice is made up of 29 board-certified cardiologists, three cardiothoracic surgeons and three vascular surgeons. We merged with CHI Memorial Health Care System in 2011 which is part of CommonSpirit Health. CommonSpirit has more than 700 care sites across the U.S. and is committed to building healthy communities.
Responsible for the implementation, support, and security of communication infrastructure technologies, particularly the network, video, network security, and unified communications components. Utilize technical knowledge and hands-on experience in various protocols. technologies, and concepts for data transmission across the OSI 7-layer model. Must place a high value on secure, highly available, fault-tolerant systems. Must be proactive in identifying and resolving technical challenges and work as a team player.
- Install, configure, monitor and maintain Wired and Wireless LAN infrastructure and services.
- Install, configure, monitor, and maintain Network Security infrastructure and services.
- Install, configure, monitor, and maintain WAN and Remote Access infrastructure and services.
- Install, configure, monitor, and maintain Video Conference infrastructure and services.
- Install, configure, monitor, and maintain VOIP/PBX system and circuits including plan designs, numbering, voice mailbox administration, IVR, Contact Center, switches, servers, adn phones.
- Install, configure, monitor, and maintain Fax services including analog, networked, and FoIP.
- Install, configure, monitor and maintain Enterprise Overhead Paging solution.
- Install, configure, monitor, and maintain Physical Access Control and Video Surveillance systems.
- Install, configure, monitor, and maintain converged SAN infrastructure and services including iSCSI, Fiver Channel, FCoE, and vSAN.
- Install, configure, monitor, and maintain Microsoft networking technologies such as DHCP, DNS, Network Policy Services, and Active Directory.
- perform routine performance monitoring and tuning of alerts to assure consistent, reliable operation of systems and recommend improvements.
- Manage projects, plan and implement future IT developments, and support existing infrastructure requirements. Evaluate changes to system platforms to ensure that services are delivered according to SLAs.
- Work with outside vendors, price new equipment and negotiate pricing and repairs of existing equipment,. Assist the Director of Information Technology with the annual budget.
- Be available by email, phone, and/or cell phone for emergencies and work as needed after business hours as well as being one of the primary 24/7 contacts for various service providers in the event of a failure or interruption in service.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience in an information technology field, CCNP, CCNA, APSS or ACSS preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs