Senior Informatics Data Analyst
CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
CHI Memorial Hospital provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
We invite you to join CHI Memorial Hospital today!
Important Note: Nicotine is part of our pre-employment drug screen
Supports performance improvement initiatives and comparative effectiveness research, including database
management, data aggregation/analysis, technical writing in support of publication of findings, report
generation/dissemination and education of staff. Works with medical staff, hospital staff, hospital committees
and other personnel to achieve objectives and enhance clinical efficiency and effectiveness. The analyst may
execute work independently within informatics, quality and other areas. The analyst is expected to design and
implement project plans and manage tasks and resources effectively and within the project scope.
1. Responsible for development and enforcement of project deadlines and schedules
2. Organizes and synthesizes clinical and administrative data from multiple sources into meaningful
audience-specific reports, publications and presentations
3. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements, and makes recommendations
for optimizations to EHR to maintain data integrity for such requirements
4. Responsible for validating and submitting regulatory data uploads, reports, and attestations
accordance with published deadlines (TJC, CMS, PI, etc.)
5. Creates educational materials and detailed presentations for audiences ranging from senior
management, department leadership, hospital administration and staff-at-large
6. Conducts literature searches and tracking healthcare industry trends, third party reporting
requirements and information technology developments that may support the performance
7. Uses available relational databases to analyze and benchmark criteria against MCT facilities and other
facilities to assist in quality improvement activities.
8. Develops and generates reports, visualizations and presentations. Establishes procedures and schedules
for producing data needed on an ongoing basis. Design and articulate reporting specifications for
production reporting by MCT Informatics.
9. Interprets data (identifies patterns, trends and outliers) and enumerates assumptions or caveats.
10. Maintains familiarity with software and databases used in the department. Provides training to other
members of staff as needed. Provides necessary technical support.
11. Builds partnerships with population health quality and operational improvement teams and provides
facilitation and technical support through data collection, analysis and the use of statistical tools.
12. Strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse set of colleagues and with flexibility when priorities
are reassessed, ability to multi-task is essential.
13. Ability to connect business needs and available data through models, assumptions, and solutions.
14. Ability to clearly communicate and present methods and results.
15. Experience with big data platforms, data visualization, reporting tools to investigate trends, identify
solutions and visualize results.
16. Desire to grow professionally and intellectually and committed to help in the growth of the team
members and others.
17. Able to address and defend questions on deliverables.
Experience with the use of healthcare data and databases
(ambulatory, hospital, health plan, EHR, claims, billing, etc.) and the
development of actionable and performance tracking reports
Two years Epic EHR experience, specifically data analytics
Master’s Degree/ MBA
Five (5) years experience preferred
Epic Cogito certification
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.