Scheduling Coordinator - Phone Center
The posted compensation range of $13.44 - $18.48 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
The Chattanooga Heart Institute offers the most comprehensive cardiac care available in this region. Founded in 1976 we now have six offices in Tennessee and one in Georgia. Our practice is made up of 28 board-certified cardiologists and three cardiothoracic surgeons. We merged with CHI Memorial Health Care System in 2011 which is part of CommonSpirit Health. CommonSpirit has more than 700 care sites across the U.S. and is committed to building healthy communities.
Responsible for answering all incoming scheduling phone calls from patients, referring physicians and hospitals. Make patient appointments, reschedule and cancel appointments.
- Accept incoming calls related to scheduling, answering questions, creating appointments, transferring calls to the correct department, checking recall, etc.
- Create charts in EHR for new patients and schedule appointments.
- Monitor the phone system display for number of calls in the queue and wait times.
- Complete tasks within the practice management system.
- Quality checks on assigned schedule to ensure quality metrics are met with templates and schedules.
- Verify insurance and work with insurance coordinator for appropriate verification.
- Create and complete chart notes for all recall, reminder calls and conversations with patients unrelated to check in/check out process.
- Assist patients who are mentally, language or hearing challenged to ensure that proper resources are obtained for the visit.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings to ensure an understanding of new processes and discussion of problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years in a medical office environment.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs