RN Medical ICU
CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, proudly delivers emergency care to patients in southeast Tennessee and northwest Georgia. You have the opportunity to join our team of skilled nurses who successfully apply their vast clinical experience with the latest technology to their intensive care patients.
Working in critical care as an ICU Nurse offers a variety of clinical challenges to nurses who choose this clinical area. Your patients are critically ill and unstable following extensive injury, surgery, or life threatening disease. You must be able to multitask; wearing many hats daily including patient advocate, family advisor and, in some cases, even friend. You excel in these roles because you understand that your talent for nursing and compassion for others complement one another.
While the intensive care unit is not as fast-paced as other service lines, can be physically and emotionally exhausting. You are constantly monitoring high acuity patients and need to act quickly should the slightest change occur. You sometimes feel drained, but forget those feelings when your patients show signs of improvement, thanks to you.
CHI Memorial Hospital provides you with the same level of care you provide to others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement and support your work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Free Premium Membership to our Care@Work program to help employees with child care, pet care, senior caregivers, housekeepers & more.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
Now offering! $15,000 sign-on bonus for RNs in the months of July & August paid out over 2 years.
- Patience and focus to constantly monitor high acuity patients
- Proven ability to think and react quickly in critical or emergency situations
- Medication evaluation, administration, and education specific to the patient’s custom care plan
- Facilitate education to patients and caregivers concerning condition, treatment plan, and prevention (if appropriate)
- Actively participate in decisions affecting your practice environment for excellence in delivering quality care to patients in intensive care
- Associate’s Degree (ADN) in Nursing from an accredited nursing college or program
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license active with the Board of Nursing within the state you are practicing or a nursing license with eNLC practice privileges
- One year of recent acute care experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
To find new grad positions @ CHI Memorial be sure to search “RN residency”
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.