President Medical Group - Mountain Management
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Provides executive leadership and directs all aspects of the CHI Memorial Medical Group and Mountain Management Services. The CHI Memorial Medical Group is a large multispecialty group. Mountain Management Services is an MSO providing staffing and management services to the CHI Memorial Medical Group, independent physician groups and revenue cycle support for other CommonSpirit Health markets. As a subject matter expert, the President will provide counsel and leadership associated with but not limited to: ensuring achievement of excellence standards and growth goals for the physician enterprise, fostering and nurturing a great place to work and practice culture emphasizing well being and the joy of practice, and assessing and completing practice mergers and acquisitions in alignment with the CHI Memorial Health System strategic plan. The President will also provide expertise associated with non-employed physician relationships, strategic alliances and partnerships.
- Works with CHI Memorial Health System CEO and executive team to contribute to achievement of the overall Strategic Plan.
- Identifies and explores opportunities for growth through practice acquisition or other models of physician alignment. Responsible for identification, due diligence and recommendations regarding acquisitions and/or partnership opportunities.
- Oversees the contractual obligations related to employed physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Keeps current with compliance issues and insures all agreements meet these standards.
- Builds the infrastructure to support substantial growth for employed providers and aligned independent providers.
- Leads the operation of CHI Memorial Medical Group owned practices to insure safe, high quality services, outstanding patient experience, and financial viability.
- Collaborates with the managed care team on negotiation of insurance contracts.
- Collaborates with CHI Memorial Health System marketing to direct marketing efforts on behalf of the Medical Group.
- Oversees CHI Memorial Mountain Management services and associated revenue cycle operations for other CommonSpirit Health markets.
- Provides direction and oversight to physician recruitment function.
- Keeps current with treatment modalities, technology, market competition, and assesses appropriateness for services provided.
- Serves as a champion and catalyst for enhancing the culture to the vision of an integrated health care delivery system.
- Manages finances of the Medical Group and ensures that the organization meets its net income goal.
- Collaborates with other leaders to analyze cross-functional data and develop action plans related to work flows and service delivery.
- Actively builds consensus with team members and peers when commitment to decisions are critical to success.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President) - Market/Local President - Required Bachelors Art or Science AND M.H.A., M.B.A., or M.S. in healthcare administration, business administration, public health administration or a related field OR medical degree with associated years of experience in executive management role
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Understanding of physician issues and needs and the ability to work with them in a collaborative manner. Ability to manage the complexity of relationships by being acutely aware of various audiences’ special interests and needs, and by addressing potential conflicts early.
At least 10-15 years of executive level experience in physician services with a background in strategic planning, infrastructure planning, infrastructure development, operations and project management, marketing, finance, and regulatroy compliance.
Sound judgment based on knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local regulations governing hospital, physician and general healthcare.
Strong negotiation skills.
Must be able to maintain priorities and make tough decisions. Ability to anticipate problems and proactively deal with them. Advanced interpersonal skills, listening skills and the ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written).
Computer skills to effectively communicate by e-mail and work processing or willingness to obtain these skills.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs