Pre Authorization Rep
The Chattanooga Heart Institute offers the most comprehensive cardiac care available in this region. Founded in 1976, we now have six offices in Tennessee and one in Georgia. Our practice is made up of 29 board-certified cardiologists, three cardiothoracic surgeons and three vascular surgeons. We merged with CHI Memorial Health Care System in 2011 which is part of CommonSpirit Health. CommonSpirit has more than 700 care sites across the U.S. and is committed to building healthy communities.
Responsible for insuring the necessary pre-authorizations are obtained to receive proper reimbursement for scheduled cardiac imaging performed. Each case is evaluated individually to determine the appropriate pre-authorization requirement based on established criteria.
- Responsible for obtaining all pre-authorizations for planned outpatient cardiac imaging ordered by Chattanooga Heart Institute providers throughout the practice.
- Interact with coding staff to ensure that medical necessity requirements are met.
- Ensure timely updates of payer coverage.
- Maintain vendor and payer worksheets for all cardiac imaging modalities.
- Track and reconcile pre-authorization denials for process improvement.
- Notify Manager/Director of documentation improvement opportunities.
- Utilize payer website to obtain pre-authorization electronically or via phone call per company guidelines.
- Interact with physicians and assist with peer to peer calls.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to Manager-Revenue Cycle should pre-authorization issues arise.
- Provide timely and accurate pre-authorization approval information to the hospital prior to patients' appointments.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years' experience with pre-authorization and/or referrals.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs