Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist
The posted compensation range of $48.26 - $57.67 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Memorial Hospitalist Services
CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
We care about our employees’ well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting any child care, pet care, or adult dependent needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Matching Retirement Programs
If you are passionate about the patient experience and ready to join our nationally recognized hospital, connect with us today!
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for utilizing training and skills to provide direct patient care under the supervision of a physician.
- Obtain medical histories when necessary.
- Perform physical exams (within established protocol).
- Diagnose, treat and monitor chronic diseases (within protocol guidelines).
- Order diagnostic test.
- Prescribe or recommend medications for prescription for medications and treatment (within protocol guidelines).
- Provide preventive health screenings and immunizations for children and adults.
- Promote positive lifestyle habits to all patients through education and counseling.
- Assist the doctor with office surgeries.
- Assure charts are signed off by the doctor within 7 days.
- Maintain patient’s privacy and confidentiality.
- Make follow up calls to check patients progress.
- Assist doctors with phone coverage and hospital rounds.
- Work closely with other nurses to assure patient flow is efficient.
- Consult with doctor regarding patient symptoms to assure proper diagnosis and plan of treatment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Certificate of fitness through American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- 3-5 years clinical nursing practice in an acute care setting required.
- 1-3 years previous experience as a NP in an acute or primary care setting
Certification or Licensure:
- Licensed as an RN in the state of TN
- Licensed as a CRNP in state of TN, required.
- BLS required.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs