Inpatient NP Neurosurgery
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Neurosurgery
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $48.26 - $57.67 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Memorial Neuro-Hospitalist Services
CHI Memorial is an award-winning provider of stroke services for the Chattanooga region. As a recipient of the American Heart Association’s Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus and Target Stroke Elite Plus Honor Roll awards, our physicians and advanced practice clinical team have aggressively worked to provide the region with the highest quality stroke care. With CHI Memorial Stroke and Neuroscience at the very center of innovation and cutting edge medical research we are looking to expand our advanced practice clinician team.
Help Dr. Devlin, Dr. Babu, Dr. Lima, and Dr. Shah develop their vision and write the next chapter in the history of Chattanooga neuroscience care.
We care about our employees’ well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting any child care, pet care, or adult dependent needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Matching Retirement Programs
If you are passionate about the patient experience and ready to join our nationally recognized hospital, connect with us today!
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for utilizing training and skills to provide direct patient care under the supervision of a physician.
- Obtain medical histories when necessary.
- Perform physical exams (within established protocol).
- Diagnose, treat and monitor chronic diseases (within protocol guidelines).
- Order diagnostic test.
- Prescribe or recommend medications for prescription for medications and treatment (within protocol guidelines).
- Provide preventive health screenings and immunizations for children and adults.
- Promote positive lifestyle habits to all patients through education and counseling.
- Assist the doctor with office surgeries.
- Assure charts are signed off by the doctor within 7 days.
- Maintain patient’s privacy and confidentiality.
- Make follow up calls to check patients progress.
- Assist doctors with phone coverage and hospital rounds.
- Work closely with other nurses to assure patient flow is efficient.
- Consult with doctor regarding patient symptoms to assure proper diagnosis and plan of treatment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Physician Assistant training Program
- 3-5 years clinical nursing practice in an acute care setting required.
- 1-3 years previous experience as a PA in surgery setting required.
Certification or Licensure:
- State PA License required
- BLS required.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Inpatient NP Neurosurgery at CHI Memorial?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started